Child Care Referral Request
Thank you for inquiring about child care referrals. We have been helping families find and choose child care since 1973. There are several ways we can assist you:
- Call or visit our office directly to receive assistance in finding child care - call 658-0381 or come by 5232 Claremont Ave. Oakland 94618, during our business hours: Monday-Thursday 9:30am - 4:15pm, Fridays 9:30am - 12:30pm or
- Complete this request and one of our referral counselors will call you with referrals within two working days.
BANANAS does not provide referrals online because facts and figures alone are not very helpful. Good referrals involve listening to the particulars of each family's situation, being creative in finding possible options, guiding parents with suggestions and tips while empathizing with concerns about finding the best care for their children.
We serve families in the six cities of northern Alameda County, California - Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland and Piedmont. If you live or are moving outside of our service area, we can help you find a resource and referral service near you!
- For California, visit the California Child Care Resource & Referral Network website
- For other states, visit the National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies' Child Care Aware website
While you look for child care, please remember:
- Looking for child care is hard work. We urge parents to give themselves lots of time to evaluate several child care providers or programs.
- We cannot recommend any providers nor guarantee the quality of services they provide.
- As a parent, you have the right to get information about any substantiated or inconclusive complaints about a licensed child care provider that you select for your child. That information is public and you can get it by calling the local licensing office at 510-622-2614.
- BANANAS has many handouts and workshops to help you with your child care selection.
- Find out why BANANAS takes the personal approach to giving child care referrals - "Can't You Just Send Me a List of Names?".